Pages

Popular Posts

Saturday 24 March 2012

My First Shared Card!!!

Morning all!! I thought I would share with you this morning one of the mothers day cards I created this year.

I started by colouring in my stamped image with promarkers and cutting it out with labels 17, then I distressed the image with vintage photo. I used cheery lynn and doo hickey dies and cut them out then distressed these again with vintage photo and added pearls to the centre of the flowers.
I handmade all the rosettes on the card with lace pieces in white and blue and embellished the centre with a button. I also handmade the hat pins with a selection of amber coloured buttons and pearls.
I distressed a piece of coordinating lace to make a bow and used a piece as a ribbon on the background of the card. I added pearl sprays and punched pieces as leaves which again I distressed.
For the inside of the card I used the same papers as the front to mat and layer I then took a piece of white card and punched along the bottom edge, I then distressed it again with my favourite vintage photo!!!

In the last few months I have totally changed direction with my "craftiness" I now try to make alot of my embellishments by hand that way I can coordinate everything exactly to how I want it. I love making bespoke cards that use lots of my crafting skills.
Anyway I hope you like my first card that I have published!!!

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty card Vicki, love the lace flowers and fits perfectly with your image! :-) Debbie x

    ReplyDelete